What Can We Learn From Exiles?
- October 7, 2020
- / Garry Brackett
- / Garry Brackett,Church Resources
Have you noticed? It feels like we are living in Babylon! We are living in a modern-day pandemic that has radically altered our weekly rhythms. Life feels off-balance. What did Daniel and Ezekiel feel?
This is the generation that we will hand over the reins of spiritual leadership. There is no more compelling sense of urgency than NOW to turn our churches into disciple-making churches that are led by discipled pastors.
What can we learn from the Exilic Prophets – Ezekiel and Daniel? Here are six insights.
- Exiles live for the sake of others
- Exiles take epic risks for the sake of what is right
- Exiles make prayer a mission
- Exiles live by the mandate of faithfulness and holiness
- God is at work for good, even in exile
- Exiles find their home in God himself, not institutions
These exilic prophets teach us to expect the course of World History interfacing with us personally and our faith traditions spiritually. Go and make disciples…. even in EXILE!
Shepherds Advantage provides Servant Leadership that helps people close the gap between where they are and where they want to be. Shepherds Advantage closes that gap by providing Leadership Development, Keynote Speaking, and Executive Coaching.